Visitors to this Page

Hits

Website counter

Jul 16, 2010

Falklands Reunion 2010

The Falklands Reunion took place on the 26th June 2010,at the Wrexham War Memorial. This is a yearly event,that has gone on for many years. It was started by Mark Pemberton,and others,in memory of the Welsh Guards,that unfortunately lost their lives on the Galahad,in 1982.
It is an occasion,in which all the Welsh Guards meet up,in honour of the ones that never came home.
The Service takes place in Wrexham,followed by the Memorial Serivce,of laying the Wreaths.
After the Ceremony,everyone makes their way,to the War Memorial Club,in Wrexham.

My Partner and myself,did miss the Service,but went to meet the fellow (comrades) Welsh Guards,at the Memorial Club. The last time I had gone was around,2006,because I was not in the Country,so I was not able to go.
It was really good to meet up with them,again,some I had not seen,for a very long time. I had not seen Griff 72,since around 1979,we had a good chit chat,going back to the time when we were both in Berlin,in 1977-1979. He has not changed,whatsoever,he is a pleasant guy,I hope to see him again At PorthCawl,in 2011.

Vanessa,my partner,met a few of my friends,the likes of Dick Clarke,Jones 88 (Scouse)

Jones 88 (Scouse)
Dick Clarke
We had a great time there And Looking Forward To Next Year

No comments: